Friday, June 19, 2009

The Outpost

My sister, Rebecca, is in town for a week while she is on summer break from Design School. While she was here we decided to go up to the cabin. Everyone in the Beesley Family who doesn't have a job (Bill, Will and Zane) and those that only work part time (Me) went up for some fun. Unfortunately those with real jobs, we had to leave behind (Mike, Heather, Mariah and Nick), but we'll just have to have them join us another time.
We drove up Tuesday afternoon and when we got there the weather was gorgeous. We took a hike down to the lake and took a boat ride.



The water was so smooth but too cold for anyone to brave it and jump in, so we all just enjoyed the ride.
That night it started to rain and it didn't stop. Will and Zane had planned to hike to Ganite's Peak and they were going to do it rain or shine, but when they hit 4 feet of snow on the trail they turned around and came back to the cabin. Rebecca and I were glad they did cause then we got to play with them some more.
Of course if you go up with my dad you've got to plan on participating in a work party, so while it rained, we worked on some "projects".
We ate some yummy food, played fun games and put together a puzzle.

I hope the next time we go up the weather will be nice and sunny so we can go out on the lake and do some hiking

3 comments:

Val said...

I am so glad that you had such a great time with your siblings. I wish my family got along better:)

Marrdy said...

Look at your cute little baby bump! And what a couple of study brothers and the always beautiful Rebecca. And your Dad is always the work horse, isn't her? Looks like you had a great time!

Jenny said...

I'm jealous! Angie and I were just talking about how much we miss Freemont! We love that place.