Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Baby Slade's have arrived!

Sue's water broke at 4:30AM this morning. At 6:00AM she and Mike arrived at the hospital and were admitted and monitored till around 8:00AM. She was having major contractions and at 8:15AM she went into the operating room. She delivered c-section because one baby was feet first and the other was sideways. Once Owen made his appearance at 8:53AM Mike passed out as well as a nurse. At 8:55 Caleb was born. Both babies are doing ok. They still considered premature, so they are going to keep an eye on them for the time being. They were born at 35 weeks and Owen is 5lb 11oz and 19 inches long and Caleb is 4lb 10oz and 18 inches long. Both Sue and Mike are doing great and so excited for this new adventure.
35 Weeks

Owen

Caleb

9 comments:

Val said...

I can't believe it! I am so excited for you guys!!! Congrats on becoming parents. I can't wait to come visit. I will call first and make sure you're up for visitors. I am so glad that everyone is healthy.

Caitlin said...

Yea!!!! Congrats! I want to come see them soon, too.

so, were you "ready"?

:)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! Great job Sue. The boys look fantastic. I can't believe they're as big as they are. Love the names. Take care.

Cassie L. said...

Wow!!!!! I am so excited for you. They are gorgeous babies and that is one heck of a story Mike!!

Wilde Things said...

COngrats! Good luck with everything . . . let us know when you need help!

Anonymous said...

HOW EXCITING!! I cant believe they are already here. :) I cant wait to see them. Please let me know what I can do for you.
Love
Lindsey Hemara

mere said...

congrats!

Thekrogwoman said...

So excited for you guys! Enjoy the ride! Congrats, and best of luck with everything! Can't wait to meet them!

Gina said...

Okay. So I heard about the dad and nurse passing out. The story was told to me while I was getting my epidural. I never knew that was Mike. Too funny, except not funny at all.