Wednesday, August 3, 2011

2nd Year: Herriman Triathlon

So my triathlon buddy went and got a stress fracture in her foot and couldn't compete this year (missed you Michelle), so I had to go and recruit some new buddies (Nick and Mariah) to compete with me. We had a great time racing together. I was really hoping to beat Mariah, so I could rub it in her face, but turns out after all, she was faster than me, by about 6 minutes. I'll have to work harder next year. :-)
Like last year, the race was a lot of fun. I didn't do as well as I would have liked. I finished the race in 2 hours and 3 minutes (about 6 minutes slower than last year). I was hoping to beat my time from last year, which was 1 hour 57 minutes. I had a great swim, but I knew right from the start of the bike that I was going to struggle. The first half of the bike is a gradual uphill and it kicked my booty. I did beat my time in the 5k by 1 minute. I was happy to cross the finish line. I love having the opportunity to race right in my own neighborhood. Already looking forward again to next year.
Nick, Mariah and I.
A family that Swims, Bikes and Runs together, Stays together. :-)
Mike says he doesn't believe in paying to exercise,
so he is our designated babysitter and camera man. Thanks Baby!

No comments: