Saturday, June 23, 2007

Rome

I’m going to give an account of my European vacation by reporting on each of the cities I visited and I will start off with my favorite city which was Rome. A good way to summarize Rome was I was pleasantly surprised. The reason I say this is because the first place we visited in Rome was the Basilica of St. Mary of Angels. It was a church that was built from an old Roman ruin and wasn’t much to look at on the outside. However, once you stepped inside the church it was a different story. It was awesome inside; vaulted ceilings, marble floors and pillars of all different colors, amazing sculptures and beautiful paintings on the walls and ceilings. After this church it just kept getting better.

Mariah and I inside the Basilica of St. Mary of Angels
We had dinner at an “Italian” restaurant and were serenaded by a group of “Italian” singers.

One of the Hot Italian singers with Rebecca & Mariah

We visited Vatican City where we saw some of the most famous paintings in the world the Sistine Chapel by Michelangelo; we walked the Spanish Steps and threw coins in the Trevi Fountain where we wished that one day we can return to Rome. We saw the Coliseum and Roman ruins and wondered what it would have been like to see Rome back in the days when the Romans were ruling the world.

Vatican City


















Making a Wish at Trevi Fountain.


Roman Coliseum

I loved the sight seeing and visiting all of the famous places, but one thing I also really enjoyed about Rome was swimming in the Mediterranean. On our last day I was tired and hot and didn’t want to walk around any more so my sisters and I took the Metro to the beach, where we played in the waves and had some fun in the sun.

Rebecca and I in the Mediterranean Sea

6 comments:

Cassie L. said...

Where are pictures???:)

Michelle Taft said...

Incredible. Looks like you've been super-imposed on a backdrop.
But where is the picture of the Italian singer?
:D

Michelle Taft said...

oh yeah and i love the visor.

Sue said...

Ok, it was super hot and I was dying. I had to wear it.

Wilde Things said...

Looks like a ton of fun. On Sat. I was telling Becca and Mariah that I liked Rome the least. Now that I'm reading and looking at your pictures I don't know what I was thinking. Rome was good (all the awesome art and beautiful churches) and bad (we had people pick-pocketed, and harassed, and had to end up waiting in the HOT stuffy airport for hours and hours). Anyway, I'm glad you guys had fun. It looks awesome. What a trip!

Michelle Taft said...

I am so glad you added the picture of the Italina singer. Yup, hot.