Monday, April 21, 2008

Paint Job


So if you’re wondering where I've been for the past couple of weeks the answer is, in the basement painting. When a contractor tells you painting is a job you can do, but shouldn't, cause it is such a major pain, he isn’t kidding and you should listen to him. The sheetrock and trim work were finished so all we had left before the carpet was paint. I got a couple of quotes but afterwards thought to myself, how hard can it be? I can bang this job out in a couple of days. Wrong, it ended up taking a couple of weeks. It looks good now that it’s done, but painting is one DIY project I will be crossing off my list of things I can do around the house.

8 comments:

Teandra said...

Oh c'mon. It's not that bad! We painted our whole house!

Unknown said...

The paint job looks good Sue. I agree with you, that painting is not very much fun. I'm excited to see your basement!
Em

Anonymous said...

Suzie-Q:
Your Craft room looks very nice. We need to come back to see the finished product. By painting it yourself, you saved yourself some money and after all what else were you going to do with your time?
Jen

Michelle Taft said...

Nicely done, Sue, nicely done. I am impressed at your home improvement skills.

Michelle Taft said...

OK I just noticed the blog name change and the awesome bio of Mike. So, so awesome.

KayeLynne said...

Your paint job looks great. I know how you feel, I just recently finished paining also. I want to come see your home sometime.

Kristie said...

As avid painters ourselves, I can totally relate on how bad it sucks! Unfortunately Addison worked as a painter for awhile back in college, so I have no excuse to ever hire out for a paint job, although I have begged before. I don't think people realize how much prep work goes into a good paint job...I think you have seen the unfinished projects around our house. So when are you going to invite us to see this new basement? Addison would love to critique your work.

Butterfly Girl said...

woohoo, that basement is looking good