Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Web Feeds

Since it’s been a while since I last posted and I really don’t have anything new to write, I thought I would share some neat-o information about web feeds. (I know, sounds really boring, but it’s so helpful when you want to find out if a site has been recently updated or not.) I’m sure most of you Internet savvy people already know about web feeds, but for the rest of us stuck in 2005 (or whenever they first came up with feeds) this will save you lots of time. A friend told me about it, so I am passing on the knowledge. Here is how it works. At the top right corner of your browser you should see a little orange icon that looks like this,



When you go to a site you can subscribe to it and the feed icon will turn orange, it's usually gray. For example: If you want to subscribe to my blog, simply click on the icon and click on 'subscribe to this feed'. The feeds are then added to your favorites center, which is on the left hand side of your screen. You can have tons of feeds! When one is in bold it means there is new content. So, you just check your feeds everyday and see who's posted and what’s new on your favorite websites! :-)

3 comments:

Teandra said...

I like your new look! Also, if you have outlook you can download all the new content everyday. That's what I do at work. I have about 50 that I check when they become bold it means new content!

Lisa Erskine said...

Cute new background. Your New Zeland trip sounded great! I'd love to go there someday! I didn't know about web feeds...so thanks for the info! I'm getting addicted to blogging! Is that good or bad?

BeesleyFamily said...

Cute blog and about feeds- who knew? I am so clueless about computers! And nice paint job!