Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Turning into our Parents

Remember all those things our parents did when you were younger that we thought were so weird. Well, the things my dad does are still weird, :-) but I am seeing the wisdom and logic in some of the stuff my mom did, that I am now starting to do. For the 4th of July we are headed up to our cabin in Pinedale, WY. Back when I was a youngin’ all I had to worry about was myself and making sure I had packed my swimsuit. Now as an adult I’ve got to make sure we have food, some entertainment and other items to get us through the weekend. When we would go on vacation with my mom she always used to bring sooo much stuff and she used to pack it all in laundry baskets. I always thought it was so weird. Her stuff would always take up way too much room in the car and we were usually packing these laundry baskets well past the time we should have left. However, last night I found that I had some misc items I had to take up to the cabin and no where to put them. You know what, the items all fit perfectly into my small laundry basket. I wonder what other strange things I will start to do…

4 comments:

Teandra said...

Very nice Sue. You know, it's probably not a bad thing either...

Kristie said...

That is so cute! I'm sure your mom is loving that her wisdom is rubbing off on you! I for one am a fan of laundry baskets, and Addison is always threatening to throw them away because they take up too much room. He will learn. Thanks for the BEST dinner! You are so sweet and I love you!

Emily said...

Interesting . . . my mom always did the laundry basket thing too when we went to our cabin or camping in Escalante. I wonder if they got it from each other?

Wilde Things said...

When we go up to our cabin or anywhere for that matter I always use the laundry basket thing. Sometimes multiple laundry baskets. It really is a easy, quick, inexpensive way to pack.