Monday, August 11, 2008

Breaking Dawn


*Warning this Post contains spoilers*
(I love how that is on everything I read, so I thought I would add it to my blog too, because my post contains spoilers for Breaking Dawn and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.)


So I was talking to my sister, Rebecca and she said that while she was driving up to Park City last week she saw on one of those cross walks above the freeway where people are always writing notes in red cups the message "Bella Dies" I thought that was so funny. Had I not finished the book and seen the sign I would have freaked out. Last Saturday we went to my nephews baptism and some people were talking about the book and I had to ask them to stop because the lady kept talking about all this stuff that she heard happens in the book and it was making me really mad because I didn't want to know anything that happened. Side story: Back when Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince came out I was listening to the radio one morning right after the book was released and some stupid radio DJ said that she heard that Dumbeldore dies. Anyway to make a long story short I wrote her a real nasty email because I hadn't finished the book yet and I didn't appreciate her ruining it for me, but back to my point, so I am really sensitive to when people say stuff about highly anticipated book so I just asked them nicely if they would stop talking about it which they did, so I was happy. But I digress… so for the Breaking Dawn book release I really didn't feel like going to Barnes and Noble and waiting around all night in that craziness (I did that last year), so at 11:30 I went down to Wal-Mart with my friend and by 12:15 or so we were out the door and ready to start reading. My official review of Breaking Dawn is that it was ok. I liked it better than Eclipse but not as much as Twilight or New Moon. One thing I did like about the book was that Bella finally turned into a Vampire. Something that really weirded me out was the whole vampire love child thing. I mean Bella was so freaked out about getting married at 18 because she was afraid of what people would thing but she was ok with having a kid? I’m sure people would talk more about you having a kid at 18 than getting married at 18. Anyway the girl has some issues that really bug me. I deal with her for Edward's sake; whatever makes him happy makes me happy… (Ha, I'm starting to sound crazy.) So my official review is that it was OK.

10 comments:

KayeLynne said...

hey Sue
I Just wanted you to know that I have not read "Breaking Dawn" yet, but I couldn't stop myself from reading your post. There is something about the words "spoiler" that I can't help myself. I didn't actually read the whole post, I stopped after "Bella dies". Maybe there will be a few surprises left??
Keep up the posts, It makes me feel like maybe I have kept in touch with you a little.
Kayelynne

Teandra said...

AHh! I've never read any of them and already know how it ends. (You didn't spoil it for me, someone else did) Why should I bother reading it now? LOL, anyway, I just saw your husband at my work! I hope to be able to draw myself away from 'working' and talk to him. Cool!

Emily said...

I have to admit--I got sucked into this series just recenly. I avoided it for so long but then everyone in Brooklynn's play group was borrowing the books so I got in line and finished them all within a week or so. The embarrassing thing is that now that I'm finished with Breaking Dawn I've been re-reading the others (and like them even more than I did the first time! How pathetic am I? Wish you were here so we could have a long drawn out discussion. I actually liked the thing!

Chelle said...

Does she really die? I'm a rebel and refuse to read the series so I don't know why I care, anyway. I'm going to get that "Settlers" game you mention in your previous post. Also, it looks like the Beesley family is taking the green off the cabin logs (from the pictures). Are you going back to the natural log color? That would be a tedious task to remove the paint/stain. (Ouch!) I miss Pinedale. Reading about your hike made me sad and cabin-sick that I'm not there and probably won't be in the near future:)

Teandra said...

So this time I did talk with Mike. "Good luck Mike!" A second interview can't be a bad thing..

KT said...

I had to finish reading it before I could read your post. Thanks for the spoiler warning!!! I liked it - little long but entertaining enough. I find myself referencing everything to vampire world lately....I think it annoys most people :) Miss you!

Karlee Turner said...

Hey Sue! Glad you found me! Gotta love the world of blogging. I went to high school with Tori, it really is a small world!

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...

Sue, I just finished the book 10 minutes ago and am relieved about the ending. I guess your spoiler alert that I had to read really just made the book that much better. Hope you guys got home okay. We had a blast and wish we were still there!

Berkley, Meredith, Tanner & Avery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thekrogwoman said...

So I finally finished. I read the first 600 pages in like 3 days and then it took me another 2 weeks just to finish the last 100. I felt like it dragged. I'm so over Bella. She really needs to quit being so self-centered!! But I'm with you, whatever makes Edward happy, makes me happy...even if it's Bella, blah. I actually did like Nessie though. I thought she was cute and she made me want to snuggle my kids. See, there's that kid thing again.