Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Degrees to Stephenie Meyer

Another Disclaimer: This is getting to the point of me being a little crazy, but really it is all in good fun.

So you know that game the six degrees of Kevin Bacon, where you can start with any actor/actress and within six people you are back at Kevin Bacon. Well in this post I am playing that game, but it is with Stephenie Meyer and instead of six degrees I am only two degrees away. That's right folks, today I met Jen Longman. Jen happens to be a really good friend of Stephenie Meyer, she is one of the Jen's who is acknowledged in the back of the book. It was so cool to talk to her and know that this same person has spoken with and hung out with Stephenie Meyer. :-) Some of the highlights of the conversation were that she has seen the movie. I guess a producer of Twilight flew out to AZ to show Stephenie a rough cut of the movie and she invited some of her friends to watch it. Another highlight and something I think is even better than seeing the movie is that Stephenie let Jen read all the chapters of Midnight Sun (the book from Edward's point of view) that she has finished so far. I LOVE Edward, so I am super excited for this book. Jen said that Stephenie is just like any normal friend; they go out to dinner, hang out and go shopping. If I can't personally be friends with Stephenie Meyer, I guess this is the next best thing. :-)


Me and Jen Longman


Jen is the one on the top right and Stephenie is in the middle on the bottom row.(Though you should all already know that.)

Addendum: For those of you dying to know how I met Jen Longman, here is the scoop. She is my friend's, sister-in-law's, sister. (Not complicated at all right!?!) I went to a birthday party over at my friend, Kristie's, house and since the family was invited, Julie (the sister-in-law) came and since Jen was visiting from AZ, she came to the party too.

8 comments:

Michelle Taft said...

you are a loon. but i love ya.

Teandra said...

Which center? Tope center or bottom center. And...how did you meet her?

Emily said...

Yeah, Sue--out with the details: how did you meet her, are you stalking her, did you have to pay her to take a picture with you, did you steal the picture of her and Stephanie Meyer from her personal computer, and WHEN is this next book supposed to come out?!!

Wilde Things said...

You make me laugh.
But Emily is getting a little pathetic, don't you think?

Kristie said...

I am here to tell you all that Jen is personally my friend, and that is how Sue met her, at a party at my house. Jen is a very cool girl and we had so much fun hanging out with her. You are hillarious Sue! I think Jen really likes you if it makes you feel happy to know that :)

Marrdy said...

Wow, does this mean I am three degrees from Stephanie Meyers??? COOL.

AndersenFamily said...

You crack me up! My husband loves the game of linking actors, I am sure he will love this new game :) How cool that she has already seen the movie, what did she think??

Tonii said...

Sue, I love you!! You totally crack me up. I can't believe you guys were here that whole time on Sunday, and this was never even brought up! :) Can't wait for our next free Sunday :)