Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Seattle

First of all I want to thank my sister, Rebecca, who invited us up for the weekend and who was an excellent tour guide. We saw all the major sites and had a great time doing it. Second, I want to thank my sister, Mariah and her husband, Nick, who watched the boys for us while we were gone. They did a great job and we hope because of this experience they will want to have kids sooner. :-)
My sister, Rebecca, goes to school in Seattle. She is studying fashion design and has lived up there for about a year and a half. She is graduating this July, so with a little prodding from her, we decided it was time to go up and visit. We left Thursday night and came home Sunday night. We were also able to visit family and friends and enjoyed a rainless weekend of site seeing.


Atop the Space Needle. It sure was windy.



At Alki Beach drinking our Starbucks Hot Chocolate. (We fit right in, just like a local.) :-)


Our "cool" picture.


We went to the Fremont Street Market on Sunday and Pike's Market Place on Saturday. Both had lots of good stuff to buy.



We went and ate lunch at Ivar's and after wards we fed the seagulls.



The Fish market at Pikes Place.


The Fremont Troll.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Starbucks Signature hot chocolate is the best I've ever had, and I want some right now. :)
I love Seattle, especially Pike's market. Cute pics!

Gina said...

Glad you got away and had fun.