Sunday, December 9, 2012

November 2012

The highlight of the month was our trip to Kauai with a 5 other couples from our neighborhood. We spent 8 glorious days there and had such a wonderful time. We spent a couple of afternoons relaxing by the beach, but the rest of the time we were on the go. That is how I like to vacation. When I'm in a different place I want to see and do and explore and we did just that. Mike and my favorite day was the day we hiked the kalalau trail. It was 8 miles round trip. The first two miles took us to Hanakapi'ai Beach. The next two miles took us to Hanakoa falls. The waterfall was beautiful and dropped into a pool of water that we went swimming it. After we got back from hiking we went and got the island's best shaved ice at     . I got mango shaved ice with sweetened condensed milk and coconut shavings on top. Then to make this day even better we went to Hanalei Bay where we jumped off the pier and played in the waves. It was such a great day. Another great adventurer we went on was kayaking up Wailua river.  Despite not getting a good rhythm in the kayak until about half way through, we still had a great time. We stopped about a mile or two up the river where there was a 20 foot cliff that you could jump off of. We stayed for a couple of hours and just had a great time jumping off the cliff. We were also able to kayak to the Fern Grotto, which is is a geological wonder of Kauai. Ferns grow upside down from the roof of the grotto. It was another wonderful day and we loved our trip. 
The boys had a good time at home with all the babysitters. And we were told that they only asked about us twice. Good to know we were missed, if only a little bit. 
After that everything else in November seemed pretty dull, but we did manged a few other fun things. Will, Mariah, Rebecca and I went to see Breaking Dawn Part 2. I've seen all the twilight movies now, . I can die happy. I loved the books and I loved seeing them all come to life via the movies. Guess I'll have to find something new to obsess about. 
This year we spent Thanksgiving with the Slade Family. Karin, as always made way too much yummy food, but lucky for us we got to bring some home as left overs. Brian and Pam talked me into coming down to Walmart for Black Friday, to get a Ipad, which I was happy to do, but when I saw the 45 minute check out lines, I just couldn't do it. I hadn't prepared myself mentally to wait that long in line at Walmart, so I went home. I now regret it, because I really want an Ipad. 
The boys started going to preschool two days a week at a school here in Herriman. They always come out with a big smile on their face so they seem to enjoy their class. Their teacher is Miss Sally. 

No comments: