Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Grandpa Beesley


Last week I had a doctor's appointment that I didn't want to take the boys to. I mentioned this to my Dad and he said he could come over and watch them. I was a little hesitant at first, since it has been over 20 years since he has taken care of a baby, but I figured if I had them fed, changed and sleeping, all he would have to do is get them out of the house if it started burning down. Well the house is still standing and the boys survived. :-) It must have not been to bad for my dad, because he said he could do it again if I ever needed him to. So, I decided to take him up on it again this week. I still made sure the boys were fed, changed and down for a nap, but when I got home, not only had everyone survived, but he had cleaned the kitchen and dusted the family room. He even helped me bottle feed the boys before he left. I had my doubts at first about how he would handle the babies, but he is proving himself to be a great grandpa. Next time I'll put him to work on the bathrooms. :-)

1 comment:

Val said...

What an awesome grandpa! It's so fun to watch your dad with your kids. Sweet memories:)