Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Medical Bills

First, I want to say thank goodness for medical insurance.
Second, if anyone would ever like to know how much it cost to have twins born at 35 weeks who need a little extra help their first weeks of life, here is a pretty close estimate.
Owen: Stayed at IMC in the NICU for 13 days:
Cost $75,000
Caleb: Stayed at Alta View Hospital in the well baby nursery for 24 days:
Cost $35,000
Grand Total: $110,000.
Having two little babies to hold, love and cherish at the exact same time: PRICELESS.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Suzie! I am dying. That is outrageous. Chloe and Charlotte were there for 11 days and cost about $30,000 total. How did yours get so crazy expensive! More priceless?? Thank you medical insurance.

Cassie L. said...

Holy crud. And that is just the bills for the babies, I am assuming. Wow.

Cassie L. said...

And in case you were wondering, and I know because my husband is a doctor....the doctors don't get all that money.

Thekrogwoman said...

Holy Crap!! I haven't even paid for Sara yet. Guess I should get those paid, huh!!