Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy 62nd Brithday Mom!

My mom would have been 62 this year. On her birthday, May 29th, we took the boys up to see her grave. This is the first time we have taken them to the cemetery since they were born. It was a nice afternoon and we took her some flowers. I wish she was here with us all the time. Oh how I miss her. I wonder how she would have reacted to the news of finding out her first grandchildren were going to be twins. I know she would have been so excited. Before she died she told me that being a grandma was going to be one of the things she missed most. She would have been wonderful at it.

I hosted a birthday party for her at my house that night with my family. We had cake, played her favorite card game, Shanghi, and reminisced.

5 comments:

Mariah said...

I miss mom!

Thekrogwoman said...

Your mom would have been the BEST grandma! I loved her great attitude and her Zest for life!! I'm sure she is so proud of you!

Gina said...

So sweet. I love that you have a birthday party for her. My friend's father died several years ago. She celebrates every year for about a week, doing all the things he loved, making meals that he loved and doing service to others relating to his interests. I know you make her proud. You are a great mom.

Miller Fam said...

I'm sure she would have *LOVED* being a grandma, especially to your adorable boys. No doubt she's already met them though.:)Did you get your gaming pizzazz from her?

KT said...

I love that! Sounds like a good tradition to keep going :) Do you have a lot of stories written down, from different people? You should and put them together for the boys :)