Sunday, July 8, 2007

Concert in the Park

(Summer is a crazy, fun time and because of this I am a little behind on posting. However I really enjoyed the concert and wanted to blog about it even though it happened almost two weeks ago.)

My dad invited us on a triple and a half date to dinner and a concert in the park. Those who attended were my dad and his date, Mike and I, Mariah and Nick, and Rebecca. It also turned out to be an international event, (with Greek food and Andes Music) but that just sort of happened. We all meet at my dad’s house and drove the suburban downtown to eat dinner and attend a concert in the Brigham Young Historical Park. We stopped for dinner at a Greek restaurant and order gyros, which were yummy. (Side Note: We were originally going to eat at a restaurant called Tony Caputo’s. They have the best sandwiches and if you are ever near 3rd South and 3rd West, I highly recommend you try it. However they were closed.) After we ate we then went over to the Park. Mike and I brought a blanket and sat on the lawn, but there is seating available. The performers that night were a group of South American musicians called Llajtayku and they played traditional music from the Andes. They were really talent and some of them could play three or four instruments. It was cools music with lots of flutes and drums. We had a fun time and enjoyed being outside listening to good music. If you are looking for something fun to do as a couple or with the whole family, try a concert in the park. They have them ever Tuesday and Friday, they last an hour and the best part is they are free.
























Concert Program: Dates, Time and Performers

1 comment:

Michelle Taft said...

I was just reading that flier on the billboard at church today!