Thursday, October 4, 2007

A week in Paradise

No wonder they call it the rainbow state.

On Saturday Mike and I got home from our week long trip in Hawaii. We spent seven days on the island of Maui and enjoyed lots of fun in the sun. We did anything and everything that was touristy and had a blast. Some of the highlights were: We took a helicopter tour of west Maui and the island of Molokai. The view from up there was awesome, the coast-line and all the waterfalls were so beautiful. We went snorkeling on an excursion to Molokini and Turtle Town, however my favorite part about the whole excursion wasn’t the snorkeling but seeing dolphins. During the ride from Molokini to Turtle Town a pod of dolphins came and was swimming in front of the boat. They were jumping and playing in the water and it was so cool to see them. My favorite snorkeling spot was Kapalua Bay. We saw lots of fish and some sea turtles too. Mike had a great time playing in the ocean and built a rock alter to Neptune. One afternoon we got a couples massage in our room and it was very, very relaxing. If only I could get them to come to my house. One of the days we drove the road to Hana. I think you either really like it or hate it. I really enjoyed it. We had a CD that we listened to and a guide book pointing out all the hot spots. We did some hiking, swimming, jumping through waterfalls, seeing the beautiful beaches and just being with each other. Ahhhhh.


One of our earliest tours, it started at 2:45am, was watching the sunrise at Haleakala and then biking down the volcano. It was cold and rainy at the top of the mountain, but by the time we reached the bottom it was sunny and warm. We attended a Luau which was yummy and entertaining. They featured dancing from each of the different islands in the Pacific. Besides the fire dancing, which was awesome, I really liked the dances from New Zeland.

We ate at some delicious restaurants and had some great sea food. When we weren’t gallivanting around we were taking it easy at the one of the hotel swimming pools or on the beach.

3 comments:

Wilde Things said...

I am soooooo jealous. Do you know it has been 9 years since I've been to Hawaii . . . way too many years. I'm glad you liked the Hana Road/waterfalls, etc. You are super lucky! It sounds so wonderful, congrats on a great vacation.

Teandra said...

Wow! That sounds wonderful! Ryan and I have tried going twice, but it always falls through. That's exactly the places we were planning on going too! It was nice to hear your opinions. I'll tell you mine when we go someday....

Kristie said...

Sue,
I am happy to say we have joined the blogging world and I was so excited to see yours. You had told me about it in a previous email but I never paid attention until we started our own blog. Needless to say, we are soooo envious of your Hawaii trip and loved reading about it. You guys definitely did it all. Please check out our blog. It is new, only a week old, but it's on its way!
Kristie and Addison