Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hacking Estate

In May my Grandpa Hacking passed away. My aunt has been diligently working with the attorney to get his estate settled and in mid-October she invited each of the children (I was the representative for the Marilyn H Beesley Family) to attend an estate meeting. We discussed a whole bunch of things and were able to get a lot of questions answered and issues cleared up. It was a great experience to be with my uncle and aunts and to be able to discuss the wonderful legacy my grandpa and grandma left behind. The part I enjoyed the most was dividing up the household items. My aunt is purchasing my grandpa’s house, so a lot of the items will be staying there for us to continue to use and enjoy on our visits out to Vernal, but I was also able to take a few items that I could have at my house. I spent many wonderful days of my life playing in the house and on the farm with my cousins and enjoying the time with my grandma and grandpa. I wanted to be able to have a few items that would always remind me of those special memories. Here are a few of the treasures I picked out.

A Swiss bell from my Grandpa's collection.


Dolls (My Grandma crocheted the dress on the blond doll.)


My Grandma's writing desk.

2 comments:

Teandra said...

Sue,

What a sad thing, but I'm glad you get to remember them now everyday.

Emily said...

Sue, that's so neat that you have those things to remember your grandparents by. The writing desk is beautiful. Years ago, my Grandma Alvey gave me a pair of green goblets. They really aren't very glamorous but I love using them because they remind me of her.