Friday, February 8, 2008

Super Birthday!


This year is my Super Birthday. For those of you who don't know what a super birthday is, it is the year you turn the same age as the day on which you were born. I was born on the 29th and this year I am turning 29. I want to do something really fun this year. I told Mike I either want him to throw me a surprise party or I get to do whatever I want from my birthday and if that happens, I am going to be celebrating it the entire week before and after the 29th. :-) I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I would love to hear everyone's suggestions on what I should do for my Super Birthday or feel free to share what you did on yours. I still have a few months until my birthday, so hopefully by then I will have planned the ultimate birthday experience.

7 comments:

Michelle Taft said...

For my super birthday, which I think was also on Easter which made it a super duper birthday, my family went all out and planned this awesome scavanger hunt actually, just like Amazing Race, except there was a twist in that looked for eggs and they were all hidden in the yard. And I got a Mickey Mouse doll as a present. Oh and I was 3. OK but for real I really like the Amazing Race idea and I think I'm going to plan a party for you around that idea, OK?! Because you know Mike's not going to.

Mel said...

Sue
I was 16 so I went to the DMV and got my license. That was huge for me. Sorry that does not help you though.
Mel

Teandra said...

What month is your birthday? I'll get some ideas for ya...

Christy said...

I thought that was your golden birthday. For mine, that was the summer we were all in Hawaii! Fun!

Tara Jayne said...

This wasn't for my super birthday(I was 11 for that), but a few years ago, I wanted to throw a party for myself, but I throw really lame parties, so I sent all my friends an email for a birthday game. There were a bunch of rules, but the jist was I got to spend time with my friends and get lots of surprises. Each friend got to pick an hour of the day to spend with me doing whatever they wanted, and I couldn't say no. (The exceptions were it couldn't be illegal, and we had to do it together so I wouldn't turn into someone's slave.) Anyother rule was that they couldn't tell me what we were doing until I met them where ever they told me to. It was one of my best birthday's ever. I start out decorating my birthday cake, had my a'cappella group over and they made me lunch from a cryptic menu, I went on a scavenger hunt, played Cranium with my high school buds, and saw a play with my parents. All in all, a great birthday. I'll totally send you the rules if you're interested.

-Tara (Leithead) Peckham

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I am glad I found out about "super" birthdays because I was born on the 29th too and that is my next b-day!

Be sure to post what you do so I can steal some of your ideas!!

Mr Bee said...

Have a destination Birthday to Canada or somewhere that gets people pumped up.