Monday, May 19, 2008

The Host Discussion and Signing


The Fan Club

I love Stephenie Meyer, she is author of the Twilight Series which I also love, so when I heard she was coming to Salt Lake to promote her new book, The Host, I knew I had to get a ticket to attend. The event was Saturday and I went with my friend, Cassie, who is also a die hard Stephenie Meyer fan, and who I owe a deep gratitude to, for introducing me to Stephenie Meyer’s books in the first place. The event was a book discussion and book signing. We were able to hear Stephenie answer some questions about The Host and how she came up with the idea for the story and characters. She was also kind enough to give us some updates on the Twilight series books and the movie too. She signed my copy of The Host and wrote "To Sue" I mean how cool is that :-) she also signed my copy of Twilight, (again thank you Cassie). While I was walking around waiting for the event to start I met Alphie, from the Twilight Lexicon, which was an added bonus because I love that website. It was fun to be able to attend and scream and act crazy for one of my favorite authors. Long Live Twilight and Stephenie Meyer too!

3 comments:

Teandra said...

Pretty cool! I still have yet to read any of her books. My sister, Toni, has a signed "Goose Girl" book. She used to live just down the street from them.

Anonymous said...

My friend was a stand-in and an extra for the movie (which is being filmed in Portland.) She's a freak about the books too. I'm more of an obsessed critic. :)

Wilde Things said...

I am glad you got to go meet her. How cool! You never said (or did you and I missed it) how you liked The Host compared to the Twilight series.