Monday, July 13, 2009

Quick Trip to St. George

Mike and I went down to St. George Friday night to enjoy a fun, hot weekend and to see, Pam Slade, our sister in law, play in a softball tournament. Her team played their softball games at night so we arrived just in time to catch the first one at 10:00pm. I have never seen Pam play before but that girl is good. She played in High School and College and she has got quite the arm on her. She played catcher.


Mike and I enjoying the game.


Pam in ACTION on the field.



On Saturday, we woke up and went and got massages. I got a maternity massage and my masseuse really worked my shoulder and neck. It felt great. We came back to condo ate breakfast and by that time we needed a nap, so we took one. :-) In the afternoon we invited the Slade family over and went swimming. We stayed at the pool for a couple of hours splashing around and getting tan. We went to dinner at the Pizza factory (one of our favorite places) went and hung out for a while and then it was time for the softball games again.

Dinner at the Pizza Factory. Yummy!


We stayed for all the games on Saturday, one at 10:00pm and the championship game at midnight, which Pam's team played in and won. It was exciting to watch them win the whole tournament. I had my doubts about them winning when the other team was up 6 to 0 in the first inning, but they made a huge comeback and ended up winning in overtime. The final score was 7 to 8. We didn't get back to the condo until 1:30am, but it was well worth it and fun to see her play.
We woke up Sunday and had a delicious breakfast at the Slade's and then relaxed at the condo until we felt like heading home. It was a great weekend and I loved how hot it was in St. George. I would take those 3-4 months of heat over our 6-8 month winters anytime. Who knows maybe someday we'll move down south...

5 comments:

Val said...

Take all the quick trips you can right now. Enjoy your time together. I do miss having more alone time, but the kids are so worth it!

KayeLynne said...

I am so with you on trading the cold winter months for a few hot ones. I an ALWAYS trying to get Brian to move back to St. George. Maybe someday we can be neighbors again. Glad you had fun.

Maryann said...

Brings back memories from our trip!! Fun fun!

Marrdy said...

Sounds like you had a great time. You two still make the cutest couple around!

Tonii said...

How fun!! Made me think of when we went, good times!!