Monday, July 27, 2009

I sure do love Pinedale!

Lots of people have told me to vacation now while I can, because it's more difficult to get out with two little ones in tow, so I'm taking their advice and trying to get in lots of fun in the sun this summer. For the 24th of July I invited the Brian Slade Family (Mike's brother) up to the cabin in Pinedale. This trip was also good for me, because it allowed me to see what vacationing with kids is like, it was quite the eye opener. When they woke up the first day at 6:15am, I was afraid for my sanity, but we found a way to coax them into staying in bed until 8:00am the next couple of days and it worked out nicely for all involved.
The kids and adults were entertained with a walk up to the beaver pond, tubing on the lake, lots of games and puzzles and of course eating really yummy food.
Fremont lake is cold, even in July and August, so I told the kids that if they jumped in I would give them $1.50. Bridger and Kaitlyn took me up on it. It was so funny to see their faces when they hit the water (it takes your breath away) worth the $3.00 I had to pay.
The best thing about the trip was having Mike come up. It's been a while since he was up at the cabin and it was fun to make some memories with him.


Bridger and Kaitlyn earning their $1.50.


Bridger and Kaitlyn riding the tube.


Relaxing on the lake.


Mike driving the boat.

5 comments:

Mariah said...

I sure do love Pinedale too!

Nate Anderson said...

that looks like way too much fun! when would be a great time to get you guys out with us?

Lisa Erskine said...

So much fun!! I miss Pinedale! You looked so cute at the shower the other night! The next shower will be yours!! How exciting!:)

Val said...

I am so jealous, I haven't been boating for a couple of years now. Looks like you had a great trip!!!

Anonymous said...

that looks sooo fun!! I am jealous!