Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dresser for the Babies

Anyone that knows me knows I'm not very good at making decision, so you can image what it has been like having to decide and buy all this stuff for the babies. What color should their room be (though Mike saved me on this one, he decided what color the room was going to be and the room decor, yeah I was impressed too. :-)), what kind of stroller is the best, should I buy two of everything or on some stuff can I get away with only having one, what car seat is the safest, etc...? Some days it is too much and I just don't think about it. :-)
However I have made one decision and that is that I want white furniture for the their room. I've been looking online and it is so expensive. I swear, manufacturers think if they throw the word baby in the title of the product, they can add an additional 50% onto the item. I decided that since I'm not sure what I even want in the way of furniture, I just know I want white, that I would look on ksl.com. Well I found a dresser for $30 and decided to buy it. It was already white, but I brought it home and put a new coat of paint on it and added some silver handles and wa-la, good as new.
I'm also pretty impressed with myself. I'd like to think that I'm an improvement project type of person, but most of the time when I start something I never finish it. So I'm glad this project got completed. Hopefully the boys like their "new" dresser.



1 comment:

Karlee Turner said...

Looks good Sue! I love KSL...I have gotten our changing table, swing, and rocker all on KSL for AWESOME deals! ITs the best! Good luck with all the decision making, I'm no pro, but I have done a lot of research so feel free to ask me any questions!