Sunday, August 30, 2009

Baby Car Seat Canopies

My sister, Rebecca, is in town from Seattle again, on a week break from school and while she is here we always plan to do a sewing project. This time we decided to make something for the babies. Since they are going to be born in November and I'm sure whenever I take them out I'm going to want them to be covered up from the cold and so strangers won't be trying to touch them all the time, we made car seat canopies. We found some cute fabric at Hobby Lobby and spent Friday afternoon and Saturday morning making them. Rebecca and I were supposed to each make one, but I got distracted and had to lay down and rest a couple of times, so when we finished it was more like Rebecca made one and a half and I made the other half. Mike even helped me do a little ironing, so I'll give him a little of my "half" credit. :-)

Here we are working on sewing the canopies.


And here are the finished projects.

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

Nice! Those are cute - and I wished I had thought to do one for Guy. Way to be on top of things. :)

Val said...

So cute I love them. Way to go, my next baby will need one for sure!

Mike and Amy said...

Those are fantastic (and you'll be very glad you have them)!! :)

The Leithead Family said...

Those are great! I think I'll do that next time. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

those are SOOO CUTE. can you help me make one when I have a baby? love
LindseyHemara

AndersenFamily said...

Wow, so cute! I want to make me one now too.

Marrdy said...

See you do take after your Mom! I'm sure she is smiling down and is so proud of you and Rebecca.