Friday, August 31, 2007

Boutonnieres

My sister is getting married tomorrow and my aunt and cousin are doing all her flowers; the bridal bouquet, the corsages and the boutonnieres. I went over to visit with them and they looked really busy, so I asked if they needed any help. My cousin said yes they did and asked if I would like to learn how to make a boutonniere. I have never put together any type of flower arrangement but thought it would be fun to learn, so I said yes and she taught me how to make one. I actually made a few of them including the one my husband wore for the wedding day and you know what it didn’t even fall apart. I wouldn’t say I’m ready for a wedding, but who knows maybe with a little more practice I might be. (Look out Rebecca.) :-)

(The picture is of one of the boutonnieres I made. Pretty good huh?)

1 comment:

Michelle Taft said...

impressive! you will have to teach me sometime.