Friday, August 31, 2007

Halloween in August?


I guess it is never too early in the retail market to capitalize on the Holidays. I went into the grocery store today to buy a summer basket and when I went down the seasonal/promotional aisle what did I see; pumpkins, ghost, spiders, tombstones and scary monsters. Gone were the plastic jugs with watermelons on them, cute colorful picnic ware and my summer basket. (I will say this, all the Halloween stuff was sooo cute and I really am excited to decorate, but we are still two whole months away. Let's enjoy September before we jump straight into October.) However, I guess if they have Christmas in July they can do Halloween in August.

1 comment:

Michelle Taft said...

LOVE halloween! although i think i passes a neighbor's house the other day that already had orange lights in their outside lights. that's a little early for me. oct 1, no sooner.