Thursday, August 9, 2007

And then there were Three (Books that is)

The stars were aligned Monday for the release of Eclipse. I was getting myself all hyped up for the party that night at Barnes and Noble when my friend called me with some awesome news. She had gone into Desert Book to buy some missionary supplies when she saw the book on display. Like a light shining in the darkness, there it was. The store had received their copies that day and was setting them out early. She called and asked me if I wanted her to buy me one. Hello, of course I did. I left work, went straight to my friend’s house to pick up the book and went home and started reading it. I read until it was time to go to the party. I didn't really need to attend the release party since I already had my book, but I still thought it would be fun, so I went with some friends who are twilight junkies like me. The party was tons of fun. Barnes and Noble had some games. We played them all and I won something at every one of them. (I told you the stars were aligned.) First we played Alice Bingo. If you won you had to shout out Alice. I got “Alice” when they called out Italy. Next we played pin the tail on Jacob. The gist of this game was you had three chances to shoot a tart gun and hit a bullseye, which by the way is where his tail would have been. My first shot was too high; the second shot was too low. My third shot, hit the bullseye. I won a cute little stuffed wolf. On the trivia game, I technically missed two questions; however I'm only counting it as one, because I think the girl marked my key incorrectly. She said I missed the question; Which of Edward's sister's doesn't like Bella? I mean who doesn’t know that, it is so obvious. The answer is Rosalie. Anyway I got a cool Edward tattoo for playing. The last game we played was pictionary. I had to draw, Alice, Eclipse, Clock Tower and Florida. After the 4th draw it was tied 2 to 2. My team won with my awesome sketch of Bella's truck. By this time it was approaching midnight, so we got in line to buy the book. There were at least 300 people there, so I was glad we were in the front of the line. We had a lot of hard core fans in our group so we ended up buying eight books. When I got home I read until 3:00 am. I put my day off to good use and nearly finished the book. I'm all done now and can't wait for number four.


Eclipse Groupies

2 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

Sue -- you're so frequently winning at games that you must have a third eye hidden somewhere...

Michelle Taft said...

i am so glad i have someone to do dorky things with me! that was so fun!