Friday, August 17, 2007

The Woes of a Warcraft Widow


It’s a hard life being the wife of a "gamer." My husband loves playing computer games and before he started playing the latest one called World of Warcraft(WOW), I was warned by some girlfriends to NOT under any circumstances let my husband start playing. Did I listen? No. Do I wish I would have? Yes. He plays it all the time. While I was in Europe, he told me he played the game for 30 straight hours, no shower, no sleeping, just a little food and water so that he could keep his strength up to move his fingers across the keyboard. My friend’s husband also plays the game and sometimes he and Mike even play together, so at least we have each other for support. Someday I’ll get my husband back. For those of you whose husbands love computer games and haven’t discovered WOW yet, consider yourself warned.

7 comments:

Teandra said...

My husband is not a computer game fanatic, but at least Mike's profession isn't available as a computer game. Ryan bought the Microsoft Flight Simulator, along with the yoke, and foot petals, so when he's not flying, he can practice...Is that bad too?

Michelle Taft said...

Oh, the woes! I am sure glad I have you in my support group!

Anonymous said...

Someone's a dork!!!

Anonymous said...

How about a round of Dungeons and Dragons....Dork?!

Anderson Family said...

I am going to have to agree with Anonymous!

Michelle Taft said...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20398361/?GT1=10252&pg=2#games_top5_070822

ugh

Anonymous said...

I am going to a WOW Convention in September. We should go together and dress up like one of the characters.