Friday, August 10, 2007

Girl's Camp

I have loved attending girl’s camp ever since I went my first year when I was twelve. This year going as a leader was no different. I loved it! It is such a wonderful experience to be able to reflect on God and my relationship with him, enjoy nature and bond with the girls in our young women group. There were 19 girls and 7 leaders that attended. Our camp director did a great job planning the activities, crafts, food etc… Our camp site was located in a beautiful meadow with the mountains on one side and a river on the other. It was so nice to go to sleep each night to the sound of the river. The morning we left for camp we made a stop at Snowbird first to do some fun activities. We all went on the zip line and alpine slide.
One of my favorite things to do at camp was getting the river. Almost every night it rained, so in the morning the temperature was comfortable, however by the afternoon we were all hot. It was fun to play in the water. The girls taught me a new game called, Little Sally Walker. How the game is played is someone stands in the middle and everyone sings a song about a girl named Sally Walker. The song explains that Sally is walking down the street and doesn’t know what to do, so the person in the middle has to do something. They stand in front of someone else while they are doing it (the girls favorite thing to do in the water was to dunk themselves) and then that person has to repeat it and then it is there turn to be in the middle. I also loved singing camps songs and could even remember most of the words. We did lots of other fun things too like having a water fight, playing games (Mad Gab was a favorite), painting fingernails and I enjoyed lounging around in my lawn chair reading my book, etc…
It was a great experience to be with the girls and each one of them impressed me so much.

No comments: