Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A House Full of Toys


Well, maybe I shouldn’t go that far, but definitely more than we had a week ago, which was two stuffed animals. As I've said we don't have any children at our house so I never have had any toys to play with, so when kids do come over they get really, really bored. I finally decided that I needed to break down and go to the store and buy some toys, so last week I went on a little shopping spree and bought some. I purchased a Barbie doll and a My Little Pony (I was so glad to see those were still around), I got some blocks and puzzles and books. One of the best toys, in my opinion, is a city road map I got at Toys R Us. When I was a kid I remember playing cars with my brother on a piece of canvas my mom made with a city and roads drawn on it, so when I saw my friend’s son playing with one at their house I knew I had to get one of those too. (Thanks Michelle) To go along with the road map I had to buy some Hot Wheels cars, a truck and an airplane. I went a little crazy on the Hot Wheels because they were only 99 cents each. I also bought a cute Noah's Ark and Animals set off e-bay, so I think we’re set to entertain at least a couple of kids over at our house now.

4 comments:

Wilde Things said...

Now that you've got the toys you might as well just break down and get the kids to go along with them :)

Cassie L. said...

we are soooo coming over!

Thekrogwoman said...

Great!! So when do you wanna babysit? :O)

Kristie said...

That's it Sue. I'm dropping my kids off at your house. I have been looking everywhere for a reliable babysitter. Do you do weekends? ( I mean the whole weekend).
Kristie