Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Concert


I have wanted to go to a Christmas concert this season, so when I got tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert featuring The King Singers, I was really excited. I asked some ladies in my neighborhood to come with me and we made a whole night of it with dinner too. We left ourselves plenty of time (so we thought) to drive up town, park and get to our seats. However, when we arrived at the entrance designated on our tickets, they told us it was full and we would have to try to get some seats on the upper level. We rushed upstairs and were the next in line to go in (seriously the next in line) when we were told that there was no more seats available. We were kind of bummed. See, the problem with the tickets were that there were no seat assignments only a section assignment and then you could sit wherever you wanted within that section. The other problem was that they over booked the tickets by a few hundred people, so a bunch of people got turned away. The tickets were free or else I would have been super ticked, but I was with friends and found the situation only semi-annoying. I was a little bugged that we drove all the way up to Salt Lake, just to turn around again, but what do you do. After our rejection at the Conference center we debated upon shopping, bowling or a movie. We ended up at the movie theater. Guess there is always next year for the Christmas Concert.

3 comments:

Teandra said...

Oh know! I'm sorry you didn't get to see it. I heard of other people getting turned away. It makes me mad. How can you overbook? It was on TV yesterday, did you see it? You'll just have to get the dvd next year. It was a great concert.

Wilde Things said...

The same thing happened to me recently. I was taking Abby to see Cinderella the weekend after Thanksgiving at the Children's theater. Online they said there were plenty of tickets and all seating was general admission. I thought we'd just show up early enough to get good seats. Well, we got all dressed up. Abby even got to wear glitter make-up and she truly looked like a princess. But when we got there, they said they were sold out and already had four people waiting, just in case.
We left and went to Walmart and bought a Cinderella dress instead. Then we came home and watched the Disney Cinderella movie with the rest of the family. Not quite as fun, but next year we'll have to plan better.
Sorry you didn't get to see it!

Michelle Taft said...

It was fun to hang out with the girls even if we were turned away at the gates of heaven i MEAN the doors of Mo Tab.
I did get into Cinderella at the children's theater though so I guess my karma isn't all bad.