Thursday, December 20, 2007

Santa's Little Helper

My mom used to be a great helper to Santa when it came to the gift giving/receiving part of Christmas. Since she has passed away Christmas has never been quite the same at the Beesley home. This year I get to be Santa’s little helper and I hope to do Santa and my mom proud.

At first it seemed like a daunting task, but the more I prepare for it, the more fun it is becoming. I am also excited that everyone gets to come over to our house. This will be the first time Mike and I have had Christmas with the family here. I made a list and checked it twice and yesterday I went out and did some shopping. I’ve bought gift cards, clothes, some electronics and some great stocking stuffer. I’m going to have brunch too, after we open the presents. For me Christmas is such a special, magical time of year and I hope I can help everyone feel that.

2 comments:

Teandra said...

Sue,

This sounds fun. What are the job requirements for santa's little helper?

Cassie L. said...

You are the perfect person for organizing and hosting and making everyone feel special. I am sure your mom would be proud!!