Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Story with a Moral

On Friday I decided to clean my shower. I sprayed it down with Limelite, which is supposed to be good for removing soap scum, and started scrubbing. Well the Limelite wasn’t doing quite the job I wanted, so I poured some Comet with Bleach on it. When I did this it made a hissing sound and some fumes rose up, (which should have been a clue to stop) but I just kept on cleaning. About an hour and a half later, I started having trouble breathing and a pain in my chest. I was home alone and wasn’t planning on going into work that day, but because I didn’t want to die all alone where no one would know what happened to me, I decided to go in. When I got there I told Mike about it and he said if I was worried then I should go into Instacare. That seemed a little much, so I just called Poison Control instead. I told the guy my story and asked him if I was going to die. He said yes I was going to die, but not because of this. :-) He told me in the future, I shouldn’t mix Clorox with anything. The nice thing about it was he told me Poison Control was going to call me the next day, which they did, just to make sure I was ok. Isn’t that nice. So… the moral of this story is: Don’t mix Clorox with other cleaning detergents. However, I’m sure most of you already knew that.

3 comments:

Wilde Things said...

The real moral should be, "Don't clean your shower. Make your husband do it."

Butterfly Girl said...

I'm with Sally on this one!! I'm glad you didn't die, Sue. And, yes, you should already know not to mix bleach with other cleaning agents!!

Emily said...

I seem to remember (from the one time I cleaned my shower ages ago) that lemon juice works (or was that vinegar?). Once you have it clean--put rainex on it (like you would on a car's windshield) and the water doesn't stick.