Wednesday, January 23, 2008

2 Long Years

Today was the second anniversary of the death of my mom. I miss her everyday. I miss the big things about her like her smile and positive attitude, the family dinners and being able to hang out with her, but I miss the little things about her too. I miss that in one phone call or visit to her house I used to be able to get answers to my questions or have someone listen to me. The other day I was thinking that it would be nice to make a baby quilt but she isn't her to show me how to make picos. This past summer the pool at my parent’s house turned green because the chemicals were out of whack. My mom would have known how to fix it; instead we just swam in a green pool. On Sunday Mike and I are speaking in church and she isn't her to make a big deal of it and tell us that she is coming to listen to us and smile up at me from the audience. It's the little things I miss about her and I miss them everyday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too.

AndersenFamily said...

I am crying right along with you. Sometimes I even forget for a second and think "oh I will just call and ask her how to..." I am sure she is trying to give you all those answers you are searching for. much love and many thoughts, Suzanne

Teandra said...

I'm so sorry Sue. That was beautiful.

BeesleyFamily said...

We miss her too!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about your mom the other day. I think everyone who knew her misses her. I miss going to Girls Camp with her and how she always had the answer to anything anyone could ever think of and she was alwasy smiling. She was one in a million!

Thekrogwoman said...

I miss your mom at the family gatherings! She was always the ultimate party girl, that's for sure! I wish I would have seen your post sooner! I would have surprised you and come to hear you speak at church. I know I could never ever be as good as your mom being there, but I love that feeling of people making a big deal when I have to speak!