Monday, January 7, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

One of my New Year’s resolutions is to re-learn to play the piano. You wouldn’t know it, but I took piano for like 10 years when I was younger. Now with all this free time on my hands I have decided to start practicing again and see if I am any good. Since a real piano is a little expensive I bought an electric keyboard. I know what you’re thinking, does it have all the cool 80’s synthesizer sounds, and yes it does, but they have really made some improvements on electric keyboards. They have a button that teaches you notes and correct finger placement, songs that you can play along too and I’m sure other cool stuff I haven’t even discovered yet. Anyway, I went over to my dad’s house today and borrowed back some of the old piano books I used to use so I’m all ready to go. Wish me luck… I’ll let you know how practicing goes.

5 comments:

Teandra said...

I didn't know you played! I'm sure you'll be fine. It's like riding a bike...I just have an old keyboard too, the sound is terrible, but it works!

Teandra said...

We went to Beaver Creek Lodge up Logan Canyon. It was FUN!

Butterfly Girl said...

Good for you, Sue! I think everyone was forced to learn piano as a child growing up in Utah, and then most drop it cold turkey when their mom gets sick of forcing them to practice or they go to college. So, way to go, I can't wait to hear you playing like a pro.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome resolution! I played piano, too, when I was young and wished I still new how!

Maybe I will practice on my kids' keyboard--although it isn't nearly as cool as yours! :)

Michelle Taft said...

make sure to check out this website to make sure your serial number wasn't one of the ones of this model recalled for spontaneously catching fire in children's bedrooms...
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07133.html