Monday, February 21, 2011

Feb 21, 2011

Hope everyone had a nice President's Day. Mike had to work, so it was just like any other day around here. I've been working on my 2010 family picture book. Why is it so hard for me to put a book together? I have a hard time picking out pictures, I have a hard time choosing the layout, I have a hard time coming up with captions, etc... I'm using a program called MyPublisher and it is wonderful, they even have an application that will put your whole book together for you, all you have to do is just upload your pictures and it does everything else. If I didn't have 100 pictures of the same thing I would be tempted to use it, but alas it is my job to look through all 100 pictures and find the best one.
I also finally got all my digital pictures organized. Instead of categorizing them according to month, I had  labeled them the weirdest ways, like 'Canning Peaches' or 'St. George Trip'. I can barely remember what happened last week, let alone what happened a couple of years ago, so how I thought I was going to remember what month and year I canned peaches or went to St. George, I'm not sure. Anyway, labeling them according to the month is working out great.
So far I've 'scrap booked' Jan, Feb and April (March just had too many pictures and I was feeling overwhelmed.)
Tonight my dad and Kim had a BBQ over at their house. When we got there my dad said we were celebrating the year 1997. Not sure what he meant by that until the end of the night, when he told us that the meat he used to make the hamburgers was from 1997. He is moving soon and trying to us up all the food in his freezer. I wonder how far down he had to dig to find it.

No comments: