Monday, February 28, 2011

Clingy

I was hoping we were going to avoid this stage, but alas it has come upon us. The boys are starting to get a little separation anxiety from me. I'm glad they love me and everything, but seriously a woman needs a little break from time to time. Owen has it more than Caleb. We were at church yesterday, and Caleb was acting up so I took him out in the hall, about a min later Mike comes out with Owen, who was just fine when I left, but Mike said when he saw me leave, he started to follow and when Mike wouldn't let him, he started to cry, so he just brought him out. I spent the rest of sacrament meeting in the hall follow the boys around. When I need to leave at night, we've had to start distracting the boys. If they don't see me leave, it isn't a big deal, but if they do, Mike says they will start to cry, not for long, Mike says they calm down pretty fast, but still, no one likes when their child cries. Anyway, hope this doesn't last long, we only have two months until we can take them to nursery and we are really looking forward to going to classes again, so we hope they won't get upset when we drop them off.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Yes. Clingy is hard. I am convinced that taking kids to nursery early is the key. I always start taking mine about 15 months and just stay with them. Then I start to sneak out after an hour. Soon enough, they are doing okay (though sometimes they revert) and the nursery leaders and telling me to go to class even if they aren't 18 months. My ward only has 2 kids now in nursery (usually only one that is actually there). They asked me to bring the girls, as the one that comes is the nursery leaders' own kid. So, I am now dropping off my girls full time. So nice. You are going to love it. Oh, after the boys are detached from your body that is. Good luck!

Val said...

You should start taking them into nursery now. The church has a program for kids 12 months-18 months. You can take them as long as you stay with them. Start now and maybe they will be happy when it's time you can leave. I hope that helps. Clingy is a very hard stage. This too shall pass, but sometimes not quick enough.

Cassie L. said...

Yeah....I always wonder why nursery starts at 18 months. I swear it would be monumentally easier at 12 before the whole I need my mom thing starts. Frustrating.