Friday, May 11, 2007

Never Fly Southwest

This should be self explanatory but for those of you who have never flown Southwest or who have blocked the horrible experience out of your mind and forgotten, let me remind you so that you don’t make the same mistake I did. I recently took a business trip and was booked on Southwest (unfortunately I didn’t make my own travel arrangement or this never would have happened.) My brother, who was also on the same Southwest flight, but who knew better, changed his ticket to Delta. He tried to warn me, but did I listen, no, I didn’t want to pay the change fee. In hindsight it TOTALLY would have been worth it. The reasons being: 1. The no assigned seating policy. If I am going to get stuck with a middle seat, it should be because I didn’t book my flight early enough and all the good seats were taken, not because I didn’t show up to the airport two hours early to stand in line. 2. The sarcastic yet not so funny flight attendants. 3. All the crying and screaming children. Because Southwest is usually cheaper than other airlines it seems that more families fly with them. Good for them for saving money, but bad for me. If one more kid would have started crying or kicked the back of my seat again, I would have snapped. 4. The Southwest flight had a layover, where as the Delta flight my brother took was non-stop. So let my suffering be a valuable lesson to you all, Never Fly Southwest.

1 comment:

Michelle Taft said...

agreed, swa is horrible, snd
as for the southwest and family thing, totally true. i know there is at least one middle row of a southwest plane soaked from my 2 year old's overfull diaper because there was nowhere to change it while holding a newborn infant on a flight by myself. just the facts, people.